Hi guys...my Ex-Girlfriend broke up a little over four months ago, tried to get her back four about 3 months, it was over i finally accepted it and have no spoken for a while about 5 weeks.

During this time i have been feeling pretty good, accepted the situation and looking to the future.

However the last few days have been really hard it's like we just broke up in my mind and i can shake the feeling.

Could it be just the New Year and spending it alone well sort off... i did hook up with a chick and i feel guilty for some reason.

Has this happened to anyone else??

Hey titan. Im sorry to hear about your current situation. It sucks man. Come here as much as you need.

My girlfriend and i parted ways about the same time you and yours did. I remember one day i went to a party and saw a girl i wanted to "get to know". I didnt even hug her. I still felt soo guilty as well. We had been broken up 3 months at that point.. So i think thats normal. Your heart is still commited to this woman. Of course youll feel guilty

Secondly I didnt realize it was really over until 4 weeks ago or so when i found out she was dating someone else. Its like a sudden rush of pain went all through my body.

Basically your situation has similarites with mine. Ill tell you the past 4 weeks have been the hardest of my life. The holidays make everything worse. New years, its that sweet holiday where you start fresh and new. Embark on a new journey...without the one person you love! It sucks!

Man i wish i had some awesome advice. Seeing as i am still mourning my freaking loss im not a lotta good. Hmm, 2 weeks ago i would have wanted to hear this. I still try to remind myself this now even. Each time you feel sad, heartbroken, worthless, depressed, whatever it will pass. Sometimes youll feel sad all day and it wont pass until right before you sleep. YOu may only sleep for 2 hours and youll wake up to the pain and have it for 4 more hours until you have to go to work/school. Each time though it will pass. Even if you only get small breaks from it at first, they will pass and eventually the breaks will get longer. Just remember that. When the pain hits you its so encompasing you can feel totally over burdened, but dont. Dont let it overburden you because its gonna go away sometime regardless of anything you do. I promise.

Dude, i know thats not great because that solves nothing. I am at this point id really like to make sense of the previous year of our relationship and id like to understand what i need to do now and why i need to do it. I have absolutely no idea about the answer to anything. Basically im this dude who is just trying to grab onto the pieces i have left in myself and make something outta them. I dunno, but theres no magic involved.. Just hard, horrible, no fun work..

Its not really that bad though dude, cause you can always watch the strong bad email cartoons. They are awesomely awesome.