Going to try again - need help with new 'gameplan'

Yes its me again with another problem *sigh*. It relates sort of with what i said before in 'jeleous depression'.

Ok there is this girl whom i have had feelings for for nearly 4 years now.!!!!!! I asked her out after about 6 months of knowing her with an answer that ultimatley spelled 'n-o'. I stayed in the shadows for a following 3 years making very little contact. I decided to try and just build a friendship to lead into a more serious relationship before the fifth year (graduation). While i was 'building' our friendship i liked her so much that i became depressed that i wouldn't be with her (i dont understand this either). so i pulled out in an attempt to come to turms with relality. i decided consciouslly to try again and attempt to show her a "new me"

i now have seen her with a friend of mine (we talk about her sometimes too), and my fear is that they will start a relationship

i need to prevail..what do you suggest i do?

PS: most attempts to do anthing result in no with "but i dont know you" bu how can you know me if we never get together and learn about each other.