SO much pain Please read!

Hello there. I have posted on this site before and still would like a little more input. I am 25 y/o and been with the same girl for over 5 years. She recently broke up with me. I am very confused. We did everything together. We truly love each other. We rarely fought and our communication was pretty good. SHe lived at my house. We have been broken up now for about 5 weeks. I havent talked to her in a month or so. I know that i have to give her what she needs right now but i just dont know how you just walk out on something so beautiful after 5 years. People would always ask us how we did it. how we could be so good together after so long. I am just so hurt and confused. We went to a concert together one week after she broke up with me. SHe took me out to dinner and then we went for a couple of drinks afterward. At the end of the night she grabbed my hand and told me that she really had a great time. Then she told me that we didnt know what was going to happen and that she haddent counted anything out. SHe said she just really needed to be alone right now. One thing that sticks with me is, about 3 days before she broke up with me she told me that should cancel my trip for new year to be with her. She said "we have been together to lond and we are to strong for you to miss a whole trip for one night" She then went on and made me promise her that i would spend christmas at her house this year, which she was very adiment about. I dont know exactly what is going through her head. SHe is very busy with school and is trying to get into grad school next year. we havnt been able to spend much quality time together as our scheduals conflict, but we always made any time we could. She told me that she couldnt talk to me and that she will call me after her exams are over and we should hang out then. I am nervous to see her and dont know what to think. My head is so F---ed right now and i am so hurt. any advice on my currant situation would be great. THanks so much

Sincerly J,D

Wimmen

In all seriousness it sounds like you are doing the right thing. I know that it is hard, but giver her the space she asked for. Chasing her now will more likely than not drive her away for good, and destroy your self-respect.

YOU MEAN MORE TO HER THAN YOU KNOW. Five years is a huge part of your life at your age. She has not forgotten. Maybe she is stressed out with school and needs to focus on that. Maybe it is more, but if that is the case then you need to accept that it was not meant to be.

Be strong. Lean on your friends and family.

Hey man read my post,'g-friend broke up with me want her back'. Get suport from your familly, and friends. I know it's hard, but you have to move on, just like me. Think about this. If they truly loved us, would whe be here today or in their arms...Right...The quicker whe move on, the better for us, and whe can start living again