sex and sports

This old myth keeps popping in my head whenever I'm playing sports with a coed group:

You have better chances of getting laid with a girl in gym class than the one in your English class

Someone told me this..maybe it was my older cousins way back when. Has anyone found love (temporarily) on the courts or off the field? How did it happen? For me, it's never happened because I concentrate so much on learning the sport (like badminton or tennis) that flirting with females comes second.

But now..

8)

Well for me that chances were just as equal. I do understand the theory though, since if your playing a sport with a girl it gives you a chance to be "physical" without being physical, and usual the best chance at "getting some" with that girl would be after you finish playing and go "chill" together to unwind. But it's just as easy to get a girl in a regular class if you know what to say/do, and how to portray yourself to her. It never made a difference to me, and the chances to get with one your choices were about the same, just took a different approach and amount of work to get there.

Well not sure if this is what you had in mind, but I tend to be attracted to and date people in the same athletic circle as me. I am a competitive mountain and road cyclist, and ride with a team and clubs, and tend to like to meet guys who do something similar just so they can understand my passion for it, or at least have an understanding when I say I spend a lot of time on it..I mean it!

My last ex is on my cycling team, and my present man does some bike racing and adventure racing as well (which I am just starting to get into) and I like that a lot. It's fun to train together and share those interests so I am attracted to someone in the same circle. He and I go climbing, running, biking, etc together and while I love the arts too (theatre, etc) I just find I do find myself attracted to those who share my athletic interests. It's is a fun way to spend time together! Getting all sweaty, dirty and showering and massaging the sore muscles out afterwards together is pretty fun too

• 2 weeks later...