How can you tell when a girl likes you?

FitnessMan

I've just started a new job on Monday. I'm working on the shop floor talking to customers so there's not much time to talk to staff but staff do always talk to me when I see them, smile and a little light hearted teasing with some.

Also 1 girl in particular yesterday was staring at me from about 30 yards away, she was also talking to another girl and that girl was also staring at me. Other things like talking to her yesterday, mutual teasing, her checking her appearance i.e. shuffling her clothes when she was walking up the stairs behind me, backing me up saying we're both hot/warm, joking, laughing, she came over to me to pick up stuff from the till when she could see from afar that there was nothing to pick-up.

No touching. She does seem shy but honestly she's a nice girl.

So, in a work environment, how can you tell when a girl likes you?

Sounds like she's flirting with you. That means she wants you to talk to her lol. If theres down time just try asking her a couple things and if shes eager to answer back then thats a good sign that theres some chemistry between you guys. It might be that you end up being friends at work or it might grow to something more.

I think I should stop going at a snails pace with this girl and just ask her "fancy going to McDonald's after work?". See what happens.

We don't have easy shifts where we both finish at the same time but I'd be prepared to wait back an hour or 2 in the Retail Park waiting for her to finish work.

Yesterday there was a point where 3 people, including me, were looking at the shift plan and she was on the other side of the desk. When the other 2 people left I looked at the shift plan and she decided to ask me to pass her a food book from the tray "can you pass me the food book from the tray please, Steve?". So I did of course but the realized she had a whole pile of the books in-front of her on the desk. Then I proceeded to ask her a question about the shift plan and she was fumbling a little, couldn't remember the persons name I needed to see and joked for a second saying "I forget peoples names all the time". Then we pritty much walked around the whole store trying to find this person and laughed again when we couldn't find the person.

Just little hints and stuff... hard to truly judge if she likes me or not. When I see her next I will try to be the first 1 to initiate physical contact, see how that goes.

Archived