Dating my ex was one of the best things to happen to me. Before I met her, I didn't think it was possible for me to find a girl like her, and for her to like me back. We dated for about a year, and then she just sort of decided that she didn't know what she wanted, and she never really talked to me since the day she broke up with me. I know it's not right for me to think about all the things I did wrong in the relationship, but I feel that there are things that I could have done better, and I know life doesn't give many second chances, but just this once I wish it did. I'm a senior in college, and she's a junior and so I am trying to plan out what I am going to do after graduation, and it is so hard because I still have very strong feelings for her. she has started dating someone else now for about three months, but I still can't let go of her. I want so bad to tell her how I really feel, and just be honest that I have been miserable since she broke up with me, and that I did a few things in the past that I have since changed and I can't help but get a slight feeling that she might still have feelings for me too.

About three years ago, I went through a similar situation with another girl, and we only dated for 3 months and when she broke up with me I thought my world was over, but realized that this girl was totally not right for me, and a little crazy to boot, and after having dated my most recent girl, I realized that she was perfect and I am having such a hard time feeling like I will ever find someone quite like her. One thing that might make me hold on to her is the fact that I lost myself to her. I had been waiting for the right girl, and finally I found her, and I have no guilt about losing it to her because I really loved her. But now I can't help think about her and her new boyfriend, because I know that they have probably been intimate which hurts sooooo bad. I just wish she still cared, even as a friend. She never asks how I am, or asks anything about my life. Maybe she is afraid if she does that I will think that she is leading me on, but honestly I just want to know that she doesn't hate me. I don't even know why she would because I never did anything that would cause her to hate me. I guess I am writing here because I am finding it really hard to pick myself up, and get on with life which in the next couple months and after graduation I need to do. I miss her so much, even after 7 months, and I just wish I would stop feeling that way cuz it's making my life so crappy. She is apparently happy, and I am alone. I don' t know why it is always so easy for the dumper than it is for the dumpee. anyway, gotta go, thanks for reading.

I am just responding to say that I am going through almost the same exact situation...I really haven't figured out a way to be happy with life again to be honest, because not only does it hurt that shes with another guy, but I am alone and feel horrible. My relationship was similar to your first one (only it lasted 2.5 years), i found out she wasn't right for me and had a few psychological disorders (chameleon personality disorder, and arousal dysfunction)...I think you're going to find what I find, that life is just plain brighter and happier with a relationship...you're gonna have people say "just be happy with who you are" and "learn to love yourself" and thats all well and great, but it doesn't matter how much you love yourself, when someone else loves you too, it just adds an extra brightness to everyday that cant be duplicated....I gues my advice is just try to dust off and start going for another girl/relationship, because if this girl didn't even have the decency to give you a reason for the break up and the turnaround, she aint worth your time....my two cents

i TOTALLY understand wut u mean and where ur commin from, but my friend she WAS perfect for u..she was perfect for u cuz she LOVED u..would u really want her to be with u with all her qualities but without that smile, that deep look in the eyes, that warm hug. No rite. The best bet for u is to move on and be happy and try finding someone else..if its meant to be it'l happen, u'l get that second chance and u wont have to try, if not then get someone who knwz wut she wants and be happy that she wants U.