New step, not sure how to do this

Pippin

I'm trying to take a step out and quit. I'm not sure if it will work. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it but I want to try. I want to get rid of all of my razors. Well I don't want to but I'm going to. Again I don't know if it will work because if I want to do it bad enough I will find something. And I don't know if I'm going to be able to throw them out. I might go back for them.

Ironic that I choose this week to try to throw them out, I have some very stressful events coming up that cutting normally helps me get through.

Do you have any suggestions on what to do or how to get through events?

I have a friend that does the same thing, and it kills me. I can tell you that it needs to stop because you can really hurt yourself or even die. Honestly the best thing to is TALK to someone who you trust that wiil HELP YOU get through these stressful times. An adult is best because they have more experiance, but YOu have to stop because even though you think it's helping, it not, because guess what? If cutting yourself helped you wouldn't be stressed and would have to repeatidly do it. A friendship lasts in the long term and can help you a lot more then what you are doing now.

Please consider what I said, and get some type of positve help.

Bless you

Yeah, the way i quit was i realized that my best friend was really suffering from this, and that kinda brought me down to earth. then she was really supportive, and told me that whenever i was going to cut i needed to call her, night or day. i never did call, because just that feeling of knowing somebody is there for you helps a lot. then i got rid of my knife. i made sure i talked with my few friends a lot about what was happening, and what i was feeling. i have only cut once in the past two months....i feel a lot better now. i think that my cutting was helping me for the moment being, but later i would get scars and scabs that i was ashamed of, and tried to hide so that nobody would know.

In my opinion, talking with friends about stuff is one pretty good way to get through hard times. one thing i do is play my guitar a lot and sing loudly. i listen to loud music when i'm home alone, and dance around. it feels great, and i am always excited and happy afterwards. also, eating chocolate and watching tv can be good, but if you use food to often to make you feel better, you'll get addicted. running is also good, but for running i give you the same precaution as with eating, except for it is better for you than eating excessively. i really, really, really wish you good luck with this! it isn't easy at all, but it is worth it, all the way......

whathappensnext- Thanks for the moral support. I'll let you know if I turn up any interesting leaves.

JoyieGracie- I think we have a bit of a miscommunication. I know it's bad for me. I'm in the process of quitting. I can only do so much on my own, with the implements of destruction laying there I'm more tempted to do it. And trust me, I've talked to my fair share of adults and they all freak out and send me to see therapist and what not. Futhermore, cutting doesn't stress me out. People and events stress me out, the cutting helps me get through them without having a complete mental breakdown. But none the less, thanks for taking time out to read it and make comments.

lostlove- I'm glad that you have been doing better. I wish I had a friend like your that would stay true to their word. I had a 'friend' last year who said that I could call them day or night and she would be there and she eventually couldn't handle it. I put all of my trust with her because I knew her and was good friends with her. She pretty much recked my ability to trust others. I'm working on it but it hasn't been very progressive. While your suggestions on other things to do are good I was thinking more along the lines of things I can do during meets. Meets being like speech meets, debate meets, band stuff. But again thank you for reading this and taking the time to comment on it.