Graduated and frozen don't know what to do next

I graduated a yr ago and got a part time job that pays just So i have a job..a lot of my personal issues were addressed this yr that I never saw before..I struggled with axiety for quite a while now..I seemed therapy and am quite better now.. However everyone is looking at me like why arnt you putting you degree to use or why don't u continue masters..the truth is Im just tired

Ah the post-graduate depression. It's quiet common actually and I'm going through it myself.

The key point is, these times are dark, but we just have to keep going and in the end, we'll end up in a place where we're happier and have our sense of direction. Trust in yourself and you will pull through.

Don't listen to others, but listen to what you want to do. I know prior to all this we're used to listening to others, whether its parents, professors, teachers, older siblings and what not. But this is the time where we finally go into the real world, so ask yourself: what is it that you want? Answer it, and pursue it. The opinions of others only serve as options if you choose to have them as options. You can turn anything or anyone down. You are the master of your own life now, just keep your goals (if you have them set in your mind) in check. If you're tired, take a vacation. Who's going to stop you?

I don't know much about what you're struggling with, but I hope that my words help!

Financially yes, it's definitely more than enough, but I'm currently living with my parents in an effort to save money. Mentally, no, my job takes an extreme toll on my mental stability and I don't know if I can continue on going like this. Perhaps its not the job, but the lack of companionship; I just feel extremely alone after my ex left me. I struggle with anxiety attacks when I'm unhappy and it starts becoming a downward spiral.

Archived