I'm unhealthily obsessed with my GF and its tearing me apart.

I'm in a 4 year relationship with my girlfriend, she recently moved to another country for summer for work. Things got a little rocky between us before she left and we decided that it was good for her to go abroad for a while as we both could take a little break (since we spent the last year living together for college) but i have come to realise since she left that she is on my mind 24 hours a day. Anything i do i will think of her, ranging from getting out of bed, brushing my teeth, making dinner or even trying to keep myself occupied by playing games or going out with my friends my mind always finds something to remind me of her. for e.g i go out drinking with friends then my mind is like "oh you were drinking here with her before she left". It's almost like i have grown dependant on her to be able to company to feel good and i can't seem to enjoy any company on my own. When I get the chance to talk to her while she is over there i feel great afterwards, but slowly that wears off and its like im back to feeling down and constantly thinking of her. Anyone understand how im feeling or anything please respond, cause i have nowhere else to turn.

Well then I agree, it is a good thing that she went so that you can learn to be happy even when she's gone temporarily. Goodness you have be able to get on with things without being maudalin 24/7. It's healthy and there is passion in the emotion of missing someone but it shouldn't dictate your good mood right out the window.

Do you skype with her? If you don't you should set up skype date nights. Not everynight though or that too will get old and it won't be enough. Have you any plans to meet her over there for a couple of days? If not, can you set that up? There are ways to get to the point where you're not OCD thinking on her.. work it out.

Archived