Staying friends and interacting with the Ex's new SO (and your SO w/ Ex)

Alright, it's done.

I've been moved out for a month now, her RS with the Beau has progressed to the point where there are apparently jokes of a sleepover.

Ex and I have so far maintained a fairly positive post breakup relationship, with the bumps that go along with it. I've had a harder time of it than her, and well, I suppose that's to be expected since she did the dumping.

We have two kids, and they know about the Beau, as well as a possible interest of mine, though I think that I am as friend zoned as one can be :surprise:

His kids and my kids are in classes together in the same school. They enjoy playing together. Now I have some questions:

Am I expected to invite him and his kids over for parties? If I do should I make sure Ex is there?

If I'm at a kid's party at Ex's house and he's there, do I swallow my pride and stick it out for my kids, or do I politely leave?

On the flip side, if I turn out not to be in the friend zone how do I handle Ex and SO issues?

-nbr

I think its in the best interests for all persons involved that you

A. Accept being "Friend Zoned" as you have kids with her and need to be cordial. Accept that the relatioonship is over and you are now a friend and coparent.

B. If its important to your kids that the other kids are there, then you bite the bullet and deal with him and his kids being around.

There is no competition here, she is with someone else and as long as he is not in anyway abusive to your children, you have no say in that.

Archived