Have i become numb?

junebug123

In the past month i've had sex with 2 females which turned out to be 1 night stands. Is this normal, do people usually call afterwards and ask if they want to date someone they picked up at a bar/club?

As a man, what are you generally suppose to do. I'm not even this 'type' of person who engages in sex so casually, i think i've just lost hope in the opposite gender and accepted the fact that my chances of establishing a relationship with someone who i feel attracted to are slim to none. In many instances i think i have been dumped or felt heart break with women which, i felt i could have a lasting relationship with.

Maybe i have become jaded or something. Can anyone else relate to this, how often do you even meet someone you would consider worthy of dating?

I've been in your shoes; banging some girl you just met because she was willing. The fact is, you didn't even know her so her vagina wasn't a hell of a lot different than your effin' hand. Plus, you know she's needy and desperate, which is an immediate turn-off.

No, you're not jaded. This is totally normal. BTW, where are you finding these women? I guess I need to swing by Brooklyn at some point.

I'm not even this 'type' of person who engages in sex so casually, i think i've just lost hope in the opposite gender and accepted the fact that my chances of establishing a relationship with someone who i feel attracted to are slim to none.

This is usually the point in a young man's life when he finds his wife.

It was in my case, at least.

I was a year or two younger than you but had given up on a deep love affair with a woman. It was all gratification......nothing spiritual.....that intimate connection with a woman that I was craving.

And then, pretty much out of nowhere, she appeared. I met her at work.....and could tell right away that she was totally different from all the women in my past. That was about 19 years ago.

She is still by my side.....good times and bad.

Don't lose hope. For what you seek might be around the next corner.

Regards.

How soon after the sex did you contact her? I ask because I once went on two dates with this guy, he was great, shared a lot of interests, paid for the date, picked me up and dropped me off... well, I'm not known to wait to have sex... so after the 2nd date we did it. And then he didn't call or text for 8 days, and when he finally did, it was at 11 pm at night. I felt like a booty call, and at the time I wasn't looking for that, so I ignored his text. Maybe I'm sensitive or picky or whatever, but I had sent him a text the next day saying that I had a great time last night, and maybe he didn't even see me as a booty call, but waiting that long is not right. Then again, texting the instant you get home isn't right. I would recommend contacting her some time in the middle of the afternoon the next day, that is when I am personally checking my phone hoping for a text or call. But, maybe I'm just picky or something...

How soon after the sex did you contact her?

That's just the thing, i didn't bother to contact either of them. I didn't know much about either girl and now it would be one of those situations where okay, we had sex but where do we go from here. The only time i've ever been able to establish a long term relationship with a girl who i slept with was one who i was forced to see (because we worked together); but in terms of going out of my way to call the girl up and ask her on a date, i just felt it wasn't worth it.

We exchanged numbers, i am sure they could have called me if they wanted to as well.

This is usually the point in a young man's life when he finds his wife.

It was in my case, at least.

I was a year or two younger than you but had given up on a deep love affair with a woman. It was all gratification......nothing spiritual.....that intimate connection with a woman that I was craving.

And then, pretty much out of nowhere, she appeared. I met her at work.....and could tell right away that she was totally different from all the women in my past. That was about 19 years ago.

She is still by my side.....good times and bad.

Don't lose hope. For what you seek might be around the next corner.

Regards.

Thanks, i think i needed to hear that

Archived