I get my period every 3 weeks, I always get it early and it never failes. I have terrible cramps too, so bad that I want to scream and can;t sleep the first 2 nights I have it. It is also a very heavy flow, does anyone know what might be the cause of this, and also, what I can do to help it?/

If you have had similar symptoms, please help me!! I dread my period so much I want to get drugs to take during it. =(

thanks!

Well, if you always get it early, you are not getting it early, that is just your cycle. Different women have different cycles - could be three weeks, to very irregular.

But, the heavy bleeding could possibly be fibroids, or endometriosis. Both can be very painful and cause very heavy bleeding, and are more common when you are middle aged.

I would suggest you go to your doctor and get it checked out, they may give you drugs, or something to stop periods altogether, or even surgery.

Good luck!

I used to have horrible cramps to the point where I could not walk or stand. The flow used to be extremely heavy too. It would last around 6 to 7 days and I would get all the symptoms of sore lower back, I would get really blooted (sp?)...etc.

Now that I'm on the pill, it now lasts maybe 3 to 4 days. The flow is not anywhere as heavy as it was before and I no longer have cramps! The soreness I used to experience is gone.. completely!

I suggest that you talk to your doctor of course. I know of a friend who used to have even worse cramps than me and her doctor said that her pain is similar to child birth. But she apparently was an extreme case.

I used to have horrible cramps to the point where I could not walk or stand. The flow used to be extremely heavy too. It would last around 6 to 7 days and I would get all the symptoms of sore lower back, I would get really blooted (sp?)...etc.

Now that I'm on the pill, it now lasts maybe 3 to 4 days. The flow is not anywhere as heavy as it was before and I no longer have cramps! The soreness I used to experience is gone.. completely!

I suggest that you talk to your doctor of course. I know of a friend who used to have even worse cramps than me and her doctor said that her pain is similar to child birth. But she apparently was an extreme case.

Im the same.. but I do get a little bit of cramping still on the first day..

I was worried I also had endometriosis.... everyone told me to get checked out.. but turns out I didnt.. I guess..

yeah...i agree with the rest, you're best off just seeing a doctor. and if its every three weeks it aint extra periods its just normal, thats what you get when you're on the pill.

and sometimes the pill can make your periods lighter and less cramps too.

or you could also just take a few painkillers, lie back and have a hot water bottle on your stomach, and eat lotsa chocolate as an excuse!!!

the only thing is that I believe your normal cycle is every 28 days, I get mine about every 18-22 days, giving me about 15 a year. I had a biopsy and there were abnormal pre-cancerous cells, I'm going to the clinic on monday, could that have anything to do with the pain?