One day you're fine, the next you feel so lost!

So long story short after two wonderful years, she broke up with me to begin this year. She originally just wanted a break with one month no contact, but i think in that month she made up her mind. Wouldn't talk to me, reply to anything or even answer a call after the month. She ended it in an email weeks after which hurt all the lot more, citing depression/anxiety and a need to focus on herself.

I didn't snap at her but replied via email saying i was glad she was trying to sort her **** out and that i needed 2013 to also work on myself, which indeed i do, and that hopefully one day in the future we 'd meet again under better circumstances, and that i couldn't do the whole friend thing because i still love her and it would hurt me too much.

So i thought i'd moved on, but now i see she has a profile on just about every dating site around and when i see them it hurts so much to know she's actively seeking a partner, and can't stand the thought of seeing me.

I've read plenty of posts on moving on, and realise it probably just takes time but i really wish i could just break out of this funk..when i get like this nothing seems to matter anymore. I'd for the first time ever thought of a future and everything with this girl, and i know the way she 's treated me should be more than enough for me to not care anymore..but i still do.

Don't even know what i 'm after here, maybe just some words of advice/wisdom/hypnosis even!!

Guh!!!

Thanks for reading..

Thanks so much Dawn, i know that i know these things but it doesn't make it any easier at all. This site helps more thanything i've tried, just knowing you're not facing something alone is a very nice thing. All the best

You're welcome, make a mental note why you two aren't together, and make a list of all the negativity that she put you through and the positive times. If the negative outweighs the positive that will explain that the relationship was never meant to be.

Archived