Good decision? Or what else could I do?

My ex and I have been broken up for almost 8 months now. I still haven't forgotten, it still hurts so much thinking about it. When school started again, however, we started casually talking like normal high school acquaintances would. But about 3 weeks ago, I confessed it was still hard on me and that I cannot stay friends with him. I told him he didn't need to say anything back and to just understand.. Of course he did say something back and wanted to continue to be friends. But I told him I can't because I would just be holding onto hope. Then I asked.. so are you saying you're willing to give it another shot?

He couldn't. The reason for our break up was just he couldn't trust me anymore. I hurt him a lot. I never actually cheated on him.. but to him it was no different.

So now we've stopped talking. It all worked well until the semester ended. This new semester I have him in a total of 4 classes. I'll be seeing him every single day, which I know will cause me to think about it so much more. Changing schedule is not an option.

I've made the decision, I'm going to continue to talk to him. But after this semester, for my senior year I'll transfer to a different school. That way I'll know after a few more months, I will be able to move on finally.

Does talking to him sound like a good idea or no? I don't want to have things awkward everyday. When we did talk, it was happy. It was a good feeling. When we didn't, it was hard, but I knew I had to do it. But since I'll be able to transfer next year.. should I just take this last few months to be friends with him?

*I know a lot of you might be thinking I'm young, immature and don't know anything about the real world yet. That might be true.. but to me right now, this is serious and means a lot to me. It would really help if I could get some opinions please!

We would just fight constantly, he claimed he just needed space. But he never gave me a full explanation why he was doing what he was doing.

Me being immature went and did sexual things with another boy to make him jealous. I didn't have sex, but went further than kissing. We tried to get back together, but he would get mad every time he thought about it and just couldn't accept it. Finally he decided to put an end to it I guess. I would text and call, he ignored it all.

I told him I would do anything to prove to him I'll change. I'm not who he thinks I am. He told me to prove it to him when we weren't together. I agreed at first, but then I over thought about it and kept thinking if he really wanted me in his life he wouldn't make me prove it to him. He would simply forgive me and give me another chance. I freaked out over it saying he just wanted to be single and wanted space from me.

Thinking back to it, I shouldn't of rushed it. I didn't even give it a full week. All I wanted was things to be back to normal but the more I tried to force it, he let go.

I had my opinion that he didn't want to get back together because he liked being single more.

He had his opinion that I didn't care for him enough to not hurt him like that.

And now even if he did wanted to give me a chance, it would be really hard to not bring up things that makes us both mad.

I think it is a good idea to be mature, make the best of the situation you're in, and find a more permanent solution when it's possible. All of which it sounds like you've done.

I think you made the right decision.

I hope you will remember for future relationships that it takes a long time for broken trust to be repaired. When you cheat on your partner, it's unrealistic to think they will simply forgive you and give you another chance. They might do both of those things, but it won't be simple and it will probably take much longer than a week.

Archived