What to do?

We dated for 7 mo. and broke it off about a year ago. During the breakup I sent her postcards and holiday cards just to keep in touch. Sent a care package on the day that would have been our anniversary with a bunch of memories of us. She asked why I confessed I still loved her she responded saying she was in a relationship and never call her again and she is very happy with him. 2 weeks later she calls to say she admired the letter i wrote her. We stopped talking after that. About a month ago she calls to meet for tea. Tells me im a wonderful guy. We meet a second time for tea. We play a board game have a g8 time. Then we send e/o emails multi email a day. I then write her an email saing i can't be friends with her because i have deep feeling and it makes me sad when she goes away. She responds saying its sad to see you go. She responds a second time saying shes sad and very sad to see me go and doesn't want to say goodbye. I respond tell her not to be sad. She responds saying my adorable (my name her) your letters bring me gr8 joy. Then that sunday invites me to church w/ her and her fam. We have a gr8 time. I ask about my letter and she says she needs time to think about it. She invites me to a NYE party that she later pulls away. We meet New years day (I sense she wasnt comfortable) and I tell her I want to try again. She said she is seeing someone knew. (I guess she just broke it off w/ her old BF and now has a knew). I give her a small xmas gift and roses. I told her she was selfish. {On a side note she had done this thing before invite me to do something only to pull it away again and again, or send me a lets get back together song only to say Its a nice song i USED to think about w/ you} Her mom made me some food I pick up later that day. Call her that night and ask if she loves me and she flat out said No I do not love you. (not angry either). So i email her said i "felt" like she used me but that her words crushed my soul and broke my heart. She gets furious says she is going to change her cell phone number and to never speak w/ her again. few days later she blocks me from FB. The pain of tell someone you love them and them telling them the oppo hurts. And It is the samething that her EX husband told her that he NEVER loved her, which she told me made her upset. Yes she was divorced and i was the relationship right after.

advice?

You've been broken up for a year, but only recently started the whole no contact thing so it probably feels like a fresh breakup. Keep busy, start a new hobby, etc. All you can do is wade through the pain until it doesn't sting anymore. She's probably on the mend still, and won't be a good candidate for a long term relationship for a bit. Stay strong, stay nc, and in time you will feel better.

Archived