Restless at night?

MattW

Not really sure why, but for the last few months, now, I've had this "restless" feeling at night. Normally, I'm in bed by 10, asleep after 11, but for some reason, I've been feeling kinda weird lately. It's like, I still get tired and sleepy at around 10, but I don't WANT to go to bed and go to sleep, but at the same time, I have nothing else to do, so I end up just sitting around on the computer doing nothing until I finally give in and begrudgingly go to bed.

So, I'm curious to get to the bottom of this. I don't like this feeling, and I'm curious about what's causing it, and how to make it stop.

Do you have anything on your mind at the moment? I notice in some of your other posts you are unhappy in relationship aspects of your life. You need to find a way to switch off your mind at night and just relax, perhaps watch some tv in bed before you go to sleep? Is there a reason why you don't want to go to bed?

Do you have anything on your mind at the moment? I notice in some of your other posts you are unhappy in relationship aspects of your life. You need to find a way to switch off your mind at night and just relax, perhaps watch some tv in bed before you go to sleep? Is there a reason why you don't want to go to bed?

Yeah, I mean, I do kinda get lost in thought about all that stuff rather easily, but it's hard to "turn off", especially when I'm in bed, alone with my thoughts. I usually do watch a little TV before bed, and sometimes also play around with my tablet. Neither has ever prevented me from sleeping well before.

Do you like to read? I'm an insomniac, but whenever I read in bed I slowly find myself wanting to close my eyes and fall asleep.

Sitting at the computer is the worst thing you can do, imo. I can pretty much stay up all night if I'm on a computer.

Not much of a reader, no. Only thing I've been reading a lot of for the last few months are digital comics, on my tablet. Most of the time when I have these restless nights and I'm sitting at my computer, I'm not even really doing anything, just kinda sitting there, seemingly "waiting for something to happen".

Archived