New job and feeling overwhelmed/not guided

Leona700

So i started a new job and Im three weeks in. My boss has tought me the basics but then expects me to figure out when something is not working. Today I had to teach him how to upload a file because he told me to find out for him. Im his assistant. His previous assistant drops in sometimes to give me directions but then expects me to get it the first time. Sometimes she emails me directions on how to do something without showing me. If i ask about the same thing more than once they look annoyed. His pervious assistant lost her new job one week into it and i think she wants this job back. She knows everything and im just learning it. Im kind of caught in the middle. I dont know what to do because im starting to get frustrated myself. How should I approach this. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I understand your frustration. I work as an administrative assistant. I started as an unpaid intern about 7 years ago, and my job remains scary and frustrating, as if I'm always new on the job, because I continue to be briefly trained for new job tasks, because the demands of my job keeps changing due to the most recent, cost-saving, leaner, more efficient processes, and changes in staffing levels. Right now, I am trying to apply for new jobs, with hopes, I will have better job training for these new jobs, than what I had experienced at my current job. While my job trainer(disciplinarian) trains me, she constantly reacts, as though I am testing her patience. I think this style of her on-the-job training is a poor way to learn. I get treated by my trainer, as though everything about my learning is slower, and dumber as compared to her, but when I was in school, I was a 3.7 GPA, so I think this might prove her wrong.

Archived