Haven't dated anyone forever, have trouble meeting people

Alicex

I've been single for a long time. In the past I would usually date people that I came into contact with within my social circles. But now that's not something I can do and I have absolutely no real dating experience since all the people I've ever dated were friends. I realized that I literally do not know how to date, and feel pretty uncomfortable dating. The last few guys I tried to date, I ended up thinking I wanted to date them and then realizing I'm not attracted to them at all. And no one really asks me out, and even if they did I feel like that's just not how I operate- I can't develop feelings for someone if I just start being affectionate with them right away.

I tried online dating but I totally hated it. I just don't like the vibe. I'm the kind of person that doesn't even have a social networking site.

I'm lonely and I want to get out there and start getting to know people and meet someone special that I can fall in love with. But I know you're not supposed to force these things and it's good to wait and chill out until someone comes along but at the same time I feel like I want to be proactive and do something about the fact that I want someone in my life. I'm kindof pretty I guess like a 7 or 8 and I can be charming but I just don't know how to meet people and how to get dates that are successful. Help?

Hey Alice,

I'm in the same boat. I've only dated friends in the past and that's no longer an option. I agree with the other posters that you should venture out and try new activities. Do you play sports? There are a ton of coed teams to join. Also, volunteer organizations- at least that way, you have the chance to meet someone who cares about helping others. Good luck!

Archived