Beginning to feel depressed.

mantas3z

Me and my girlfriend of 2 years go to colleges 1500 miles away.. She is on a d1 athletic scholarship and im at a small selective liberal arts college for academics. The problem is that I am not happy here. I regret putting my education higher than my happiness now. I am constantly working on stuff and its just so draining. On top of missing my girlfriend who is literally living my dream. She has a d1 scholarship for gymnastics. I have played football since i was in 6th grade and i love it. My dream was to get a division 1 scholarship at a big school and play there. But the reality is that as good as I am, I'm not a big fast black guy who gets majority of those scholarships. I fell short and am not interested in playing at a small school..

Luckily however, I am somewhat smart and got accepted in a pretty good school.. albeit not that amazing but still pretty good. Problem is i'm pretty miserable here. At first i liked the small campus and stuff but its getting ridiculously boring because theres not much to do here besides study and get drunk which gets old really fast.. Anyways I either want to transfer to my girlfriends school which is a school i would want to be at and eliminate the distance in our relationship (were in love and will last), or maybe transfer to a big 10 school around here or something at the sacrifice of receiving a lesser education.. I really don't see myself being happy here for 4 years and its only been a month and a half.

Is it stupid to do this? Should i grind through 4 years at the edge of depression? I feel like people like my parents and my girlfriends parents would look down on me for not continuing my education here but it really sucks to me. I don't know what to do, please help me formulate a decision on where my life should be headed for next year

Archived