Has anyone had to do a Microsoft Excel test at an interview?

I was just wondering if anyone has had to do a Microsoft Excel test at an interview, and what exactly they asked you to do, because I'm going to have one at an interview next week. I'm not that worried, since I'm pretty good with Excel, but I was just wondering if anyone had any examples of specific tasks or questions there might be. I'm not sure how advanced they're going to get, because it's a 6-month internship with a tourism office, not a computer-related field, but it's 30 min long. Also, are there any HUGE differences between the 2010 edition and the 2007? I almost always use 2007, but I think I used 2010 a couple of times last year, and I don't recall any major differences but it was awhile ago so my memory's a little fuzzy on that.

Thanks!

They prob only expect you to get the minimum right which is like a 60% or so.....Don't stress to hard on it. I had done one about 5 mnths ago and I

got the minimum and got the job...Its just the graphing that Im not good at and the calculations lol, all the other stuff is pretty simple if you read the

questions carefully and even if you know of a quicker way to get the answer, they are looking for the long step by step way. Good luck!!! =)

I was just wondering if anyone has had to do a Microsoft Excel test at an interview, and what exactly they asked you to do, because I'm going to have one at an interview next week. I'm not that worried, since I'm pretty good with Excel, but I was just wondering if anyone had any examples of specific tasks or questions there might be. I'm not sure how advanced they're going to get, because it's a 6-month internship with a tourism office, not a computer-related field, but it's 30 min long. Also, are there any HUGE differences between the 2010 edition and the 2007? I almost always use 2007, but I think I used 2010 a couple of times last year, and I don't recall any major differences but it was awhile ago so my memory's a little fuzzy on that.

Thanks!

If you want to cheat on the test, apply for a temp job at an agency that uses computerized training for it's temps. That will give you some idea of what might be on the test and a way to train for it. If you can get there and do everything in one day, if your real test is late in the week, that could work. If not, go to BN and get a text. Practice practice practice!

Angel

If you want to cheat on the test, apply for a temp job at an agency that uses computerized training for it's temps. That will give you some idea of what might be on the test and a way to train for it. If you can get there and do everything in one day, if your real test is late in the week, that could work. If not, go to BN and get a text. Practice practice practice!

Angel

Good suggestion, but there aren't really any temp agencies around here. I think I will do some online modules.

Yes, and it's typically basic math and basic formulas. Knowing this I would still stress out sometimes because of the uncertainty of the questions as opposed to the difficulty. I wouldn't worry about actually practicing. Know how everything functions in relation to everything else and you should be fine. And I used 2003 excel the last time I took one, but I am also well versed in the OpenOffice version as well. Major differences are in regard to the interface as opposed to functionality.

Archived