friend with problems

okay I really dont know what forum to put this under but it deals with my friend so I guessed this would be the right forum to write the topic under.Well anyways,my friend has been in a relationship for 2 months and some days,both of them had just split up not to long ago.He is getting really mad latly and frustrated becuase people are getting made and him and mocking him for dating her,she is classified in the school a dirty girl so to speak for certain reasons.And he is fed up with the way poeple are talking,and regreting decisions in the past such as dating people younger than him because of there level of maturity.I just told him to ignore what people say and let the past fade away,the past is very hurtful if you hold on to it.I also told him there is someone special and just right for him,and that maybe he should start dating people his age or just a little older.Does anyone have some advice I can tell him?The reason im asking is because he is kind of shy,he would never tell anyone about this and I know he wouldnt be itnerested in this website or any other forums,hes not much on forums but thats a different subject....advice on the matter ive spoken about?

I know exactly what your talkin about. Its really really tough... I have been in your friends position... but it was at the end of my senior year, so I had very little time to put up with it. All I did was duck my head whenever I was swung at. You have to think "Hah, if I am the topic of their conversation then they don't have anything to talk about." You kind of look at them as pathetic and its easier to move along. Screw what people are saying. Somtimes make fun of yourself and accept the joke. The minute people see that it stops hurting him, the less likely they will do it.

Your a good friend to worry m8.

ForAnother

When people make fun of others it is often to take the focus off themselves or to make them look like a "big-man" in front of their mates. Basically, if somebody is making fun of your friend because of the people that he chooses to date then they are pathetic.

If your friend is letting it get to him then the people who tease him are getting the better of him. If he can learn to ingnore and "brush off" their comments then they will see it as too much of a challenge and give up.

He cant let peoples teasing influence his decisions, he has a right to make choices just like everyone else has. If he changes his decisions to fit in with the crowd and stop the teasing then he will not be being true to himself.

Maybe when you get a few more replies you could let him take a look at the whole topic and see the responses for himself.

abcd1234