Anyone with dating profile self-summary suggestions?

Sam _

I'm looking to improve my profile and would appreciate any advice or suggestions on my current profile. I usually wind up writing a very large self-summary and tried to keep it as short and simple. I'm trying to be how I am in real life: light-hearted, easy-going, mature, and confident. I don't have much luck on these sites and I think it was often due to my overly serious manner online despite that not being how I really am on top of how I would write several long paragraghs.

link removed

So any suggestions or tweaks you would like to give me?

Change the looking for "long term" to looking to date w/o commitment and add a blurb that you're screening candidates but open to the right one even though you're not going to get into anything recklessly.

Ditch the part about where you live, simplify it, talk about what you want from someone and gloss over your main interests, what you do for a living and where you're trying to go in life.

Get rid of all of the smiley faces in your profile and change your pictures to an "action shot" or a humble portrait.

Change the looking for "long term" to looking to date w/o commitment and add a blurb that you're screening candidates but open to the right one even though you're not going to get into anything recklessly.

Why, though? I'm looking to meet someone to be in a long-term relationship and settle down with.

Ditch the part about where you live, simplify it, talk about what you want from someone and gloss over your main interests, what you do for a living and where you're trying to go in life.

Not sure how to simplify where I live and everything. Thats the problem I have, I have a difficulty with simplifying things; I'm very detail-oriented. So it would be fine if it were longer than it is now?

Get rid of all of the smiley faces in your profile and change your pictures to an "action shot" or a humble portrait.

Not really sure what an action shot would be or how to do a humble portrait. The only pictures I am able to take at the moment are self-pictures with a camera phone or webcam. I don't have a camera and don't have anyone where I live that I can call up to have take my picture.

Archived