Unique first dates

jerrysays

I get tired of the same old dinner and movie or meeting for coffee so what are some ideas for a first date?

I was thinking of bowling or miniature golf but what about a baseball game?

Outdoor picnic?

Museum?

ANyone have any past unique first date experiences?

Find out what you both are interested in and suggest something from there. I would love a museum date, but am not crazy about bowling or mini golf. I would feel very self-conscious doing those things on a first date.

My guy and are both into photography, so we explored a local area with our cameras on our second date.

We both also love beer, so our first date was at a bar, though not everyone would be comfortable with that.

Find out what you both are interested in and suggest something from there. I would love a museum date, but am not crazy about bowling or mini golf. I would feel very self-conscious doing those things on a first date.

My guy and are both into photography, so we explored a local area with our cameras on our second date.

We both also love beer, so our first date was at a bar, though not everyone would be comfortable with that.

actually this girl I'm intereste din likes photography alot. What could you do with photography for a first date? I'm not really into photography so I don't have any good ideas lol

I get tired of the same old dinner and movie or meeting for coffee so what are some ideas for a first date?

I was thinking of bowling or miniature golf but what about a baseball game?

Outdoor picnic?

Museum?

ANyone have any past unique first date experiences?

I wouldn't do a baseball game - there is too much sitting around, so unless both of you are super amazing conversationalists, it will get boring and awkward. Similarly with bowling: Too much sitting, not enough doing. Picnics are fun but that is something that gets even more fun once you know somebody, so why waste it on a first date?

I agree with "museum" for a first date, but that's the only one of your suggestions I like.

As a huge fan of bowling, I must disagree that there's too much sitting ^^^. Have you ever bowled?! My local bowling alley is constantly packed full of young people/couples having a blast. It's a low-pressure, easy physical activity that you can drink beer while doing. Plus, it's cheap, and it can take as little or as much time as you'd like to spend doing it.

I recommend not going too crazy on the first couple dates. It makes you look like you're trying too hard, and you can quickly set the precedent that you will be dropping lots of money on every date. If that's what the girl is attracted to, then she's just looking to be entertained, not looking for a connection. Take your time, get to know her, THEN treat her like a princess! Simple is better in the beginning.

Other ideas:

Outdoor Garden (we have an amazing Asian garden that you can walk around for hours)

Hiking

Wine tasting

Coffee

antique shop browsing

I agree that antiques browsing or a nice park walk would be good ideas. I guess it's not you, it's me with bowling. I love bowling, always have, but either I'm sitting or the person I'm with is sitting & waiting for me, so I always find interaction forced.

What kind of stuff do you/ they like to do?

Fishing, bike riding, hiking, go take some kind of class together... dance class, pottery, etc. go to a zoo, ice skating, bowling, mini golf, grab some bread and go feed some ducks at a nearby lake, in other words just dont go to dinner and a movie. If you cant think of one thing thatd be fun to do you are in trouble.

Archived