Why do I bother?

thatguy

Argh, for some reason I think my dad will be able to relate/help me with something. His response is more of the "tough love" nature. Which is brutally honest, and makes me more depressed than I could imagine.

I think moving away from him is the best option cause this is bull * * * * .

26 just trying to relate my feelings with him.

But its useless, he doesn't know what it's like to deal with anxiety and to be alone. I just need to get out there, I suppose there's a reason most people don't live at home at my age.

Actually the more I think about it the more pathetic I seem. I guess life has its ups and downs, but I know I'm a good person and this "sheltered life" isn't doing me any good. I'm a grown man ffs.

My father is the same way, always gives me the "tough love" advice. And as much I don't want to hear it, I actually respect it and NEED to hear it because most of the time, tough love entails a lot of truth. Tough love is usually given by those who care the most and just want you to see things in reality, rather than how we want it to be or THINK it is.... Not sure what you are going through, but for myself, I don't agree with some of the "tough love" advice that I'm given, but I definitely am open to hearing it and taking it into consideration.

Alright, well I've had a few drinks so I suppose I'll let * * * * fly.

Was dealing with this and opened up to him. His response as I take it was basically "your almost 30 and should be lucky to have anyone at all, and should grasp any chance of someone liking you".

I know better than this and am a good person, and have a ton of good things about my life. It just seems he brings out the worst and throws it in my face. Maybe I'm not strong enough to deal with it.

The truth is he was on vacation for 3 weeks and I did better than ever before. I don't mean to blame him for all my troubles, but it's like everything I was working to improve about myself was dug up and thrown at me.

I know he wants the best for me, but he sure as hell isn't someone I can rely on for advice. Btw, this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened.

Edit: Nfusion I know what your saying, and I see the truth in it. But I think with what I'm dealing with is more about forgetting the past and moving on. Not digging it up and ridiculing you about it. A different circumstance I'm sure, but thats what I'm going through.

Result is I took what he had to say too harshly and am broken down to the state I was in previously.

Archived