The 'wow' factor

gentleman

After a year of being single after a 10 month relationship ending, I'm ready for a serious relationship again and have been trying to meet different girls in as many ways as possible, including the internet.

The problem is, I find it hard to read body language and peoples' feelings. Some girls I think are having a great time and then a couple of days later they tell me there was no chemistry so they don't think we should see each other again. And then on the other hand, a girl will tell me she had a great time whereas I didn't, maybe because this time it was me thinking that a 'spark' wasn't there.

Another problem is circumstances. A lot of people I'm meeting at the moment are just finishing college and going to move back to their home towns, or they are getting tired of their lives and want to move to Australia or some other far away country. I have learnt lessons from the past and I don't want to rush into anything, but I would prefer to meet someone who is going to stay around the area for at least a couple of years (unless something unexpected happens in the meantime of course).

I'm a 'soft' guy and don't like hurting peoples' feelings but many girls have hurt mine in the past, so I should try and be honest with some of the people I've met lately, telling them I want a serious relationship eventually an maybe they're not 'the one.' I mean, surely a physical attraction that gives you a bit of a 'wow' feeling is also important, in the same way that finding someone you have things in common with and who is a nice person, is important?

Gentleman

You cant go out and find love. It will find you! Stop seeking and treating dates like job interviews. Just go out and have fun man. If theres no chemistry there then so what.. Just move on to the next one. Leave the clipboard at home and before you know it someone with the right chemistry will bump into you one day.