Should we just remain "friends"?¿?

Hey,

My friend and I have been friends for about 10 months, and when I first saw him I knew right then I wanted to be with him. So we started talking and he then decided that he didn't want to be together, and me realizing that it would be better to just be friends than nothing at all. He was totally in love with someone else but she didn't want to be any more than just friends. Every time I would call him she is what he was talking about, I was there for him although I didn't really want to stay on the phone until 4 and 5 o'clock in the morning listening about another girl of whom he was basically in love with. Now, we both consider each other as our bestfriends, considering that everyone else has walked out on us in the past few months, not over any certain reason, just that as you get older who you think will always be there, are never really there when you need them the most. Thats why we are always there for each other and it doesn't matter what time of night or day, or where we're at. Now that he knows exactly who I am and what Im about, the girl that he was so in love with, is not in his life any more, she hooked up with his best friend and thats when it all ended between the two of them! but like I said now that he knows what I am all about he wants to be together and I am wanting to see other people instead of being tied down to one person. I realized that me waiting on him had to prove something to him, about how I felt about him. He realized too late and now Im not going to be tied down, I know where it would go between the two of us and I know that it would last quite a while and Im scared that it will because I want to see other poeple instead of being with just him, and Im not talking about sex whise, Im talking about just being there and going somewhere that i have always wanted to go but not just with him! I am wanting to know if anyone could tell me what they would do and if I am wanting to do the right thing or if I should go ahead and hook up with him and see if it works, if not then I know that I have a lot of time ahead of me before its too late!

tears_of_blood

Wow, that's an confusing situation. My first question is this, was he showing an interest in you before you started seeing other people? He may have felt in a "comfort zone" with you, not wanting to actually be more than friends, but not wanting you to be with anyone else either. (Trust me, I know about this from experience) If so, it may just be that you are now "unavailable" that sparks his interest.

However, that could be completely wrong. Maybe it just took him time to see "what he was missing" in not being with you. In that case, I'd say go for it.

• 1 month later...