Dumpers Do Not Have "Rebounds"

LastMan

Dumpers don't have rebounds because usually

"Usually" is not always, usually is only a weak negation of what i wrote. You need to write something like "Dumpers don't have rebounds because *always* bla bla bla", but you know you can't. So then Dumpers also can have rebounds for the reasons i already wrote, this happen less likely than dumpee rebounds (because the dumper has planned the breakup), but it happen! Of course each breakup has its own special history. And this is the main point of this thread: Dumpers can rebound too.

Usually breakups are permanent but reconciliation happen also, and not so rarely.

About my ex's new relationship I don't mind too much if it's rebound or gigs or whatever. Yes i'm curious about that, but it's not the main point for me, because also rebounds and gigs can work well.

You don't know my way of dealing with my breakup and assume i'm optimistic and delaying my healing, i hope this is not your usual way of talking about things and that you know more what you are talking about when you do it, not in this case.

Having read your story, I can understand why you so desperately want to try and convince yourself that Dumpers *can* have rebounds..... good luck with that!

There's optimism and then there's denial. Denial is a phase in coping with your grief and is perfectly natural. But to argue these points endlessly isn't helping you move past denial toward acceptance.

I agree and disagree. Yes, completely true that the person who does the dumping and moves on what appears to be, 'quickly' has probably already healed somewhat from the loss as they were no longer in love.

However, that doesn't erase the potential for bad judgement. We can split up with a partner, think we've found someone more compatible and be entirely wrong because our judgement is clouded. Dumpers do feel a degree of remorse and depression also - just because you're no longer in love doesn't mean you do not mourn the death of a relationship and therefore are fully capable of jumping into another to mask the pain of loneliness and loss. That is also a rebound situation.

Archived