A book I would highly recommend

Hi All,

Well its been a little bit since I last posted here. I'm doing a lot better and have accepted whats happened.

There is a book I would recommend to anyone who's having a hard time moving on from there breakup.

Its Susan Anderson's journey from heartbreak to connection. This book has helped me more than anything start the process of really moving on and detaching.

If you do it have a read through it but make sure you keep consistent with doing the exercises in it as that is the only way to really make the changes needed.

It is no magic pill it does take both time and effort but through doing it I have been discovering more and more about myself everyday. It also helps to see where you are in your recovery and gives the tools needed to move onto the next step

Thanks for starting this thread. Is it open to other recommendations? If so I would recommend Love Must Be Tough: James C. Dobson. It is christian and geared towards those with still some hope (or not) but that book helped me deal with how to handle rejection and set boundaries with myself. It was so fantastic I have read it more than 5 times and I will continue to reach it each time I am tempted to start thinking psycho type thoughts of chasing the ex around like a kite

Also Richo's How to be an adult in relationships helped me deal with my unresolved issues. The title is really 'ummm' but the book is so important. I marked it all over the place and got so many moments of epiphanies I started to be embarrassed that I was so ignorant before. Looks like childhood is such a pivotal period that everything else in our later lives seems to revolve around coming to terms with the anxieties of that time. After reading that book I finally learned my fears of abandonment and self soothing. It also had the prefect balance between down to earth and intellectual which most books self help never achieve. That book is profound

Hi All,

Well its been a little bit since I last posted here. I'm doing a lot better and have accepted whats happened.

There is a book I would recommend to anyone who's having a hard time moving on from there breakup.

Its Susan Anderson's journey from heartbreak to connection. This book has helped me more than anything start the process of really moving on and detaching.

If you do it have a read through it but make sure you keep consistent with doing the exercises in it as that is the only way to really make the changes needed.

It is no magic pill it does take both time and effort but through doing it I have been discovering more and more about myself everyday. It also helps to see where you are in your recovery and gives the tools needed to move onto the next step

Wow, it is USD 70, starting from there, sigh

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any Christian books specifically dealing with break ups from a guys point of view?

I've been looking for one for a while now but to be honest most advice books I've seen seem either slightly out of touch or focus more on divorce like the one mentioned by Butterfly.

Thanks for starting this thread. Is it open to other recommendations? If so I would recommend Love Must Be Tough: James C. Dobson. It is christian and geared towards those with still some hope (or not) but that book helped me deal with how to handle rejection and set boundaries with myself. It was so fantastic I have read it more than 5 times and I will continue to reach it each time I am tempted to start thinking psycho type thoughts of chasing the ex around like a kite

I agree...this book is a classic. It's almost 30 years old and sounds a little dated at times, but it goes to the heart of human relationships. I highly recommend it to anyone going through a breakup.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any Christian books specifically dealing with break ups from a guys point of view?

I've been looking for one for a while now but to be honest most advice books I've seen seem either slightly out of touch or focus more on divorce like the one mentioned by Butterfly.

You will find most of the books by Dr. Gary Smalley, Dr. John Townsend and Henry Cloud will be helpful. Those authors have some great christian stuff

Archived