can i stop my period

I have a friend who is a doctor who has told me that it is perfectly fine for you to continue taking your birth control pills through your period (just make sure that you're not just taking the placebos that you get with a 28-Day pack).

He said it's fine to do this once in a while, but not to do it several times in a row, so as not to throw your hormones completely out of whack.

If you're not taking BC pills, there's no way to stop your period. There could be some shot that your doctor could give you, but that's something I've never heard of. Talk to him/ her about it and maybe there's something they can offer.

While you can take certain birth control pills (usually need to be pills with a level hormonal dose for each dose) to prevent your period, you need to start it in advance to get your body used to it (even then, you will sometimes get spotting, and should have your period occasionally).

Taking the birth control pills now will do nothing about your period and will mess up your cycle/birth control for the next month.

• 4 years later...

I've read the other posts, and some of it is not necessarily true.

Depending on pill, you can start at different times. The first day of your period, The sunday after your period, or when you get your pack. If you start the first day, you protected from pregnancy. Sunday after, and when you get your pack- have to wait a full cycle to be protected.

As for stopping it if already is started, well you could double up on pills for about 3 days. That should stop it.

You can hold it off with another tablet, prescribed by your doctor. It normally has to be taken three days in advance thou.

Hope I helped.