Texting/contact between first and second dates

WizardofOz

I started seeing this girl last weekend and we had a great first date- last about 7 hours. Since the date she has texted me every day just asking how my day is, but she has nothing else to say after that. Either I keep up the conversation or it comes to an end. And even when I do try to spark the convo her answers are very short. I'm flattered that she is inquiring about my day, and it clearly shows she is interested in me, but I feel like it's a bit too much to expect to do it every day. We have plans to see each other again this weekend, so I plan to contact her closer to the day to make the plans. Am I right to think that texting/contact should be limited until then or should I take a turn and initiate some chat over text?

I'm also interested in knowing what everyone's rules are when it comes to texting between the first and second dates.

I'd say enjoy it. It's that period of wanting to keep in touch, but not quite knowing what to say. Have fun with it. I usually try to maintain a balance; let them initiate a conversation, then if no contact happens for a while, initiate a new conversation. But that's me. I loves me some texting.

Yeah, it's all new and exciting. I'm not a huge text person so I generally won't go overboard with it, every day is a bit much for my tastes but whatever works. If I'm genuinely interested I'll give her a call a few days after the date to either say whats up or to schedule another date.

Archived