how do i stop the paranoia

Heywhatsup

I'm actually crazy. I'm paranoid. that's all there is to it. I wish so bad that I could just trust others and believe, but every time someone wrongs me in the slightest, it consumes me entirely. I can't help but believe that they did it on purpose, that they are in fact out to get me and enjoy watching me suffer. I know not everyone can be like that but its too hard to pick out the enemy from the friends. hence the lack of trust. I don't know how to stop it.

Its the worst when a friend cancels plans on me. I'm extremely hypersensitive to this, probably because I've had so many problems with this in my life. It makes me think they are trying to hurt me and I distance myself from them, and its very hard to forget and forgive. I don't know what to do with myself. How do I stop the paranoia? Someone please help me

I have friends and family who have paranoid schizophrenia and I don't think you sound nearly as bad as any of them. If you tend to assume the worst when someone isn't at your beck and call, you are simply feeling rejected. I'd consider this the result of low self-esteem. You might want to get some counseling to help you feel more confident with others.

Hugs,

Angel

Coffee makes things worse, makes me very anxious, I had a really strong coffee just before and now I'm heaps paranoid about spending NYE with my friend because I'm worried she'll get me into trouble. Even though there is really no reason to believe this, its just cos I've only known her for a couple of years and havent met her family before! UGH wdf is wrong with me.

I am having counselling and my psych said that I do have a paranoia problem regarding my irrational thoughts. I KNOW i'm being irrational but I can't stop thinking like this. I wish I could just not give a stuff and go with the flow but I'm too paranoid.

Archived