You Deserve Better

This could have just as easily gone under Breaking Up, but I think some people here could use it as well, if not more. This seems to be the forum where we come when we are struggling the most, and really just need either a shoulder to cry on or a swift kick in the butt to keep us on our feet.

It's a good "pick me up" article. Baggage Reclaim is a decent site with lots of articles that you may find helpful. (I think it's LouLou that has posted a couple from there as well.)

link removed

Thanks. Good article.

In reality we all know, when someone really cares about you there is no obstacle to love. Don't listen to any excuses, save your dignity and mental health and kick this person out of your life.

You are so right!!! there is no obstacles to love.....i think that too.

I would never give up on the person i love for anything...my heart wouldn't let me.

I think now that he never truly loved me or his idea of love is totally different to mine.

When i love...i love completely, and when i tell someone i love them i bloody mean it!!!

loulou x

Tell me about it Liraele! Why is it such a common thing? That's what kind of scares me

I think it's because people *want* to be better than they are for the most part. Your words show who you want to be, your actions show who you are. At least in my experience. Some people spout things with no intention of ever upholding their word, but I don't believe that applies to *most*. I still think the majority are good at heart, have good intentions, but aren't always honest with themselves about what they are capable of and/or what they really want. So their actions fall short of their words, and hurt those who put stock in what they said rather than knowing them well enough to accept that what they were saying may be more than they were capable of giving.

I think it's because people *want* to be better than they are for the most part. Your words show who you want to be, your actions show who you are. At least in my experience. Some people spout things with no intention of ever upholding their word, but I don't believe that applies to *most*. I still think the majority are good at heart, have good intentions, but aren't always honest with themselves about what they are capable of and/or what they really want. So their actions fall short of their words, and hurt those who put stock in what they said rather than knowing them well enough to accept that what they were saying may be more than they were capable of giving.

God!! liraele you are so right, i trusted his words but i hadn't known him long enough to know the real him..i was blinded by my love for him :s

I think now that he never truly loved me or his idea of love is totally different to mine.

When i love...i love completely, and when i tell someone i love them i bloody mean it!!!

loulou x

I agree with you about saying 'I love you' to someone when you mean it.

From life experiences, losing many family members, I Only say I love you to others, the ones I truly love. I learned the hard way of what losing someone you love, by losing love (ended cause if me).

L-O-V-E cones to meaning once we have lost the ones we love. We are who we are and love is what makes us better people.

loulou x

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean that they do not love you the best that they can.

I don't know your ex. There are many people out there who will say I love you and not actually mean it.... but usually it's a ploy that is revealed quickly. Chances are, if they stuck around for more than a couple of months, they loved you, or at least *thought* they did. It may not have been how you wanted to be loved, or even the way that you needed to be loved... but thinking about it this way takes some of the evil out of the feelings that you project onto them after the fact - anger, hurt, bitterness.

Archived