26 and no career. Following passion failed.

eric1985

I just turned 26 and I don't have a career. So I'm 4 years behind my peers. I wasted time pursuing a career in medicine and decided last minuite that I didn't want to go because the lifestyle sucked. Then followed steve jobs advice to follow your passion and not settlle for a job. So I searched and I found that my interest lies in personal development, psychology, health, and business; however, t doesn't necessaryly translate into a career. So I followed my passion and it lead me no where. I feel like a loser. I'm thinking about going to pharmacy school. What should I do?

That's impossible for a group of uninformed strangers on a web forum to answer. We do not know the nature of your schooling (where did you go?), the number of college credits your've accumulated (do they translate to another field?), where you live (this can affect career options), your family/relationship obligations, and what your willingness is to sacrafice a portion of your precious years of life to opening up a new field of business. The items you describe suggest outside consultant, and that would suggest going to business school and getting an MBA. If that's your goal, I'd suggest getting a B.A. in psychology of some stripe and then applying to an MBA program that you think would serve your needs. But is that economically feasible for you? Again, more info is necessary. If you want to open up thsi admittedly personal information then I think that the people on this board will be able to offer you better advice.

I'm 25 and just starting to figure out what I want to do. First, take a deep breath, just keep breathing for a few minuets. Once you are calm and able to think clearly you will be able to determine if pharmacy school is what you should do. It might be a good way to pay the bills until you are able to translate your passion into dollars.

Archived