Hi all...I'm a 56 y/o male, separated from my wife but on good terms, minus sexual relations. People say I'm attractive in many ways, not just physically. But I find myself attracted to younger people. Not kids but people in their mid 20s up to late 30s. This is a difficult thing and not something I cultivate; it just is. I've had younger people, especially guys, approach me but they seem to want some kind of dominating daddy, which is not me. I'm not depressed about my lack of relationship(s) but I'd like some feedback on how to handle this, like how do you read a younger person's interest. The last thing I want to do is scare someone, as happened to me when I was a young man. But, I would like to make a connection. Any advice? Thanks.

I don't think it's weird at all. I'll try to answer as best as I can. I think if it's someone you know and they flirt with you, tease you, make eye contact and hold a gaze for a long time, call you often, ask about your dating preferences and experiences, ask a lot of questions about you, in general, touch you, spend money on you on dates or when you get together, buy you gifts or tokens of their love or friendship, will do whatever you want at the drop of a hat --those are some signs that someone definitely digs you.

If it's not someone you know, then I'm clueless. I have a hard time meeting new people and telling if they are interested. I guess if they are checking you out, they keep looking at you, they talk about you to mutual friends or ask about you to mutual friends, and if you give them your number they call you, or return your call if you call. I hope that helped.

I posted a few weeks ago on this same forum, "Older woman attraction, but not sure of her orientation..." I think that my woman friend is a lesbian and I'm attracted to her. I'm 26 and she's 50 yrs old and she has been asking me specific questions about my dating life for some time and I was thinking that maybe she may be interested in me. I found your post interesting because it's the opposite position from mine and you are into younger people. I'm wondering how you let younger people know that you are interested in them? Also, what about younger people do you find attractive?