Second chance....Gamble or not

My partner and I split up 4 months ago, it was hard because he had to go into hospital with suspected Bipolar. We had to move out of our flat and he moved in with his mum. He has now asked if we can get back together and all the issues he had are in the past. I want to believe him as I love him but I don't know if I am being stupid because I love him and can't imagine not being with him. I have talked to him and told him everything that was a problem and would have to change but what if he has another episode? He said he is fine now.

My family do not want me to get with him and it will be even harder without their support but can you make it work if you really want to? Has anyone had any success going back to an ex?? without family support??

My family do not want me to get with him and it will be even harder without their support but can you make it work if you really want to? Has anyone had any success going back to an ex?? without family support??

I was engaged to a guy that my whole family didn't like. I didn't find out that they didn't like him until after the engagement. Once I found out that didn't approve and didn't think he was the right person for me I knew it'd never work out because I'm super close to my family and couldn't marry someone without their support.

If you feel like you can be fully happy without your families support and still have a successful relationship regardless than go for it but if it's something you think would consistently bother you I would move on with your life.

Archived