I'm wondering what she is doing

Dartht

So here is my situation. My ex and I dated for 8 months officially, but were practically dating for about a year and a half. The reason I say that is because I met her in September of 2009. I was 16 at the time and she was 14. I wasn't really attracted to her but I still casually talked to her for a few months. By January of 2010, her boyfriend had broken up with her and I was helping her through the break up. It can out at this point that she liked me, but I didn't really know if I did or not. By about the end of March of 2010, I knew I wanted to be with her. From then on, we were pretty much dating, but weren't officially dating because of parents and other stuff. Officially asked her out on November 24th, 2010.

She was my first real relationship. I had girlfriends in the past but they never lasted past a month or two and there wasn't really any connection other than I thought the girl was attractive. This was my first relationship where I really DID care about the girl and also thought she was beautiful. I most definitely did love her, and I know she loved me. I had helped her through a lot of things. When I first met her, she was very depressed. I helped her through her depression and by April 2010 she was one of the happiest people I knew. I had to go through a lot of trails just to date her with her parents and with the age difference. Both of her parents liked me a lot, so that wasn't a problem.

We dated from November 24th, 2010 to about the second week of August 2011. She then suddenly out of the blue said that we needed to take a break because she had a lot of stuff going on in her life. She said she needed to focus on school in the fall and that she needed some time to be a teenage. I talked to her fairly often for about a week after the split and then we kind of stopped talking.

Last time I saw her was on September 23rd. I gave her a small stuffed elephant (her favorite animal) and a card that said happy birthday. It wasn't really too awkward and she still sat really close to me on the couch and she wanted a hug when I left.

Since then, she has randomly been texting me. She tells me how she is doing in school, how her and her mom are eating healthy meals at home now (they always used to eat out and I always told her she should eat in more). Last Thursday she randomly told me that she found the shirt I gave her (it was a shirt of mine that she loved that I let her have to sleep in it) and that she forgot how much she loved it. Then she said she was going to wear it to bed that night. Then on Tuesday night at 10:30, she randomly sent me "Goodnight, sleep good( even though I hadn't talked to her all day. She has texted me in the morning for the past 3 days and we have talked most of the day.

So I guess I'm trying to figure out whats going on here. When she left me, her friends told me that she really did love me and that she just couldn't be in a relationship anymore at the time. They also said she could probably also never think of me just as a friend. However, in the past my ex used to tell me that she was only able to start talking to her ex's again once she got over them. So this makes me worry that maybe I'm in the friend zone now. She is still the only girl that has ever made me feel this way but I don't want to rush it. I don't want to make myself seem like I don't care about her anymore, but I also don't want her to think that I just want to be friends. So what do you guys think? Is she trying to get me to notice her again?

Archived