some people are probably better off gone

RetroHoney

some people would probably be better served blowing their brains out than trying to cope in this world whereits nothing but up scenerio. just saying at some point probably best to throw in the towel and and forget you were ever even here. people write it off as 'dramatic' or they will say 'its mental illness' in actuality its plain as day common sense. if something isnt working out may as well cut ur losses. personally if i owned a shotgun we wouldnt be having this conversation right now. just saying

and while we all feel that way sometimes, if every human just quit, where would we be? Sometimes, we need to separate ourselves from our emotions, gain a different perspective, and realize that we are the only ones to blame for our circumstances, and we are the only ones capable of changing them. Life is truly what you make it, and I know first-hand that if you maintain a negative view of things, you find that nearly everything that occurs is negative, or undesirable. Yet, miraculously, when you let that go, think positively, you start noticing all the little things going right. Funny how that happens. I'm not a religious person by any definition. If life has no purpose other than to exist and survive, and there is no afterlife, then why not have the view that life is one big party? If there's nothing to look forward to, then live like there's no tomorrow. Do what you want, go where you want to go (within reason and without infringing on the rights of others) since there won't be any consequences right? To me, there are two views here. Either you believe in a god, in which case, ending your life is an insult to your creator, and a very defeatist mentality. Or you don't believe, and since there's no afterlife, you might as well have a good time while living.

Hey Retro sounds like you're having a bad day, I'm sorry I was abused by my husband who I loved...when he landed me in the ER I left for good...I've had my heart broken and stomped on...

I've had my house burn down, I've had stuff stolen from me, I've lost friends, I've been betrayed by family members, I have been in a ZILLION car accidents and screwed over and cheated on but I never give up...

Don't ever give up

Sometimes everyone wants to end it I agree....I wanted to go sky diving a couple weeks ago just so that I could die because I wanted to die but not from my own hand in case I went to hell lol..

But anyway so I know how yo u feel but just remember there are people who have it worse....

Some people have no arms or legs, some people were born in countries where they drink water with worms and where they cannot feed their own children..

many people are dying of cancer..........so there is so much to be thankful for...........

Honestly the only people I wanna blow brains out are like pedaphiles and child murderers lol

I agree...

I FULLY believe in the afterlife

I lived in a haunted house growing up, and I've seen an angel!

And I'm on the other side of the argument, and yet we still agree on LIVING! I won't lie, I'm a fallen away catholic. I do not hate the church, or any religion for that matter, though there are a couple I'd call cults. I am an agnostic, and I generally do not believe in a god, or at least not in the bearded man in the sky type. Nor do I believe in an afterlife. However, I do respect the beliefs of others, and don't attack or vilify others for their faith. I've seen the positive impact of faith on people's lives, though I've seen the destructive power institutionalized religion can wield. I just view it as a personal matter, and in my own life, things have happened that made me question my faith and ultimately abandon it. All this is beside the point though. Life today has gotten increasingly complicated. I completely understand suicidal thoughts. However, there are still only two ways to view life. Either you fear hell, as a punishment for taking your life, and therefore you should celebrate life as a tribute to your creator. Or, you don't fear hell, and thereby remove all the barriers in your life to doing what you want, and no longer have any excuses. The only legitimate form of suicide I can see are elderly or terminally ill choosing the time and manner of their death.

RetroHoney, I'm asking this seriously.

Do you enjoy being miserable?

difference does it make if i enjoy it or not. this is the way things are. try and change them all you want; impossible for everyone to get everything they ever wanted in life. those that believe that probably think its possible to shoot rainbows from your anus as well. people that sit around seeing everything in teh world as 'sunny and great' good for them. not everyone sees things that way or even has a reason to.

some people would probably be better served blowing their brains out than trying to cope in this world whereits nothing but up scenerio. just saying at some point probably best to throw in the towel and and forget you were ever even here. people write it off as 'dramatic' or they will say 'its mental illness' in actuality its plain as day common sense. if something isnt working out may as well cut ur losses. personally if i owned a shotgun we wouldnt be having this conversation right now. just saying

I get where you are coming from because I too feel like this at times.

How old are you RetroHoney?

Retro, if you don't want help for advice, you may want to consider coming to forums like ENA. You continually bring a negative view of things into other people's threads, trying to get them to assume the worse of others. We get it. You're going through a tough time, but does that mean you should go around trying to spread negativity to others? No. You need to find real help, because rather than deal with the issues your having, you're letting your negativity spread to others, which is wrong in every sense of the word.

Retro; I don't know your life story or mind, nor will i pretend to. Heck.. I don't understand my own mind half of the time so what ever. With that said- I will tell you this- Nothing in life lasts for ever, and things that seem to drag on for ever can change seemingly overnight. I can tell you from personal experience tho, That when you're stuck in a long pattern of nothing but bad things, we, or atleast I, tend to start to always predict more bad. It's kind of like those people who always seem to predict positive and look at everything through a rose tinted glass? except the exact opposite.

I've seen a LOT of bad in my life. I grew up in a gehtto trailer park. My dad was an alchoholic and my mother a permiscous druggie. We never had beds as children, rather I, my brother, and 3 sisters, had a dark filthy room with some blankets and towels on the floor to sleep on. There were nights we didn't eat, there were nights too cold to sleep, and more then once there were weeks of being sick and not being able to see a doctor. You have no idea how many times i contemplated the possible ways to end my life in the midst of that.

Look i could go on for 3 pages about the crud that i've been thru but i somehow escaped it, And im glad i never actually killed my self any of the dozens of times i thought about it. You dont have to be super cheery and optimistic about everything or have unrealistic dreams and aspirations (I never did) but life can get better, and a whole lot faster then you might think.

Archived