I asked him his name and now feel like an idiot

guacamole

Hello,

I'm new here so if I start blabbling like an idiot, bear with me ok? (Hence the title).

Ok. So there's this guy at my work...Since I've been working there (late November '03) I never really saw him around that much, just a few times in the breakroom but never really talked to him. Sometimes I would see him looking at me as I would walk by but I never really thought about it.

Yet lately I noticed as I walk by him while he's packing at the end of the tills he'll look at me then look away.

But suddenly--to make a long story short--we've started saying "hi" and "bye" and "how are you" to each other since one time in the breakroom he initiated a little conversation with me by trying to make me laugh.

Then today at work. As I was coming down the stairs. I saw him and he said, "Hi and how are you". And I answered but I guess I kinda mumbled it. And he's like "What did you say". Then I repeated it and then he repeated what he said. Then I thought I might as well ask him his name b/c I still didn't know it. So I said, "What's your name?" But I know I had a sad look on my face (b/c I was so nervous). He said "____" and then stuck out his hand and I shook it. Then he had that look on his face like he was wondering if I was ok or something. And I said "I'm __________....CYA" And I walked away feeling like the biggest idiot. I'm not even sure if he even heard what my name was b/c I said it so fast. He's so confident and I act like such a dork, ugh.

So on my way out I passed him by the punchout clock and we looked at each other. But didn't say anything. I know I gave him that "sad look" again right in his eyes and he looked at my eyes but still didn't say bye or anything.

I don't get it, Why wouldn't he say bye???

Am I as much of a dork as I think I am?

I feel like I have, "I like you ____" written on my forehead now...

Thanks for reading and please reply.

I have to tell you a little story about whats going on with myself. I'm a guy ok, so I like this girl. When I first meet her, I was... well... I wasn't living. I died for that moments but anyways. To make it short I really like this girl but I don't talk to her much. I sometimes try to ignore her when people is alround because I don't want her to read that sentence that sais: I'm in love with you- that is writed with bolded red and underline letters on my foregead. So I just try not to talk to her. Sometimes I walk by her, look at her and she knows I'm looking at her, I see her face, her eyes looking at me but just pass by without saying nathing. So since she is so confidence and knows I'm a shy guy, she comes up to me says hi and sometimes starts a conversasion. Umm... the thing is that sometimes we are so strange because of our felling and shyness, that we do stupid stuff in the perfect moment. So don't be sad... I don't even know if this girl likes me or knows if I like her. I also have to tell you that everyone makes mistakes and even similar mistakes. Here I am, one example right here!

guacamole,

I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from. This is coming from another dork...haha, no offense. I think you just need to laugh it off...learn to laugh at yourself. I remember so many instances when I was talking to a cute guy and I KNOW I sounded like a complete dork...I was nervous and tended to also mumble and worry about how I looked and what face I was making, etc.etc...I also overanalyzed every little thing that I said or did...and reading your post made me laugh because it sounds sooooo familiar...

I had this weird relationship with a guy I barely knew, after I found out he supposedly started "liking" me, we'd have awkward situations where he'd appear somewhere and be like, "Hey...How are you?" and I wouldn't hear him and I'd say, "What?" and he'd say it again and I'd just be like, "Good, how are you?" and he'd say, "Good" or "fine" or whatever...and that would be the end of it...and when we actually started a real conversation, it startled me so much that I just screwed it over...haha sorry if this isn't helping, but just to let you know you're not alone.