i need my cutting kit back

ok heres my situation, i have a cutting kit. the purpose is so if you cut you can be relatively safe about it. u kno i got somethin clean to do it with, some disinfectand and some bandaids, well my dad took mine away, i would really prefer having it back, id rather have a clean cut with a fresh razor then sawing with a rusty knife, its a matter of safety, i know its better not too but if i do wouldnt he rather i do it safely, any ideas on how to talk him into giving me my kit back?

-stitches aka The Antihero

Dude if you are concerned about your safety it hints that you have the willpower to stop. If it was really that overpowering then you likely wouldn't think about saftey at all. I am extremely happy that you do think about safety, and I am really hoping your next step will be to stop completely. Also if you don't mind, could you tell me what makes you cut? It seems like I've seen more people cutting recently and one in particular is a friend's friend who I would like to help. Knowing what drives this would be so helpful. Thank you.

heh. what is odd, is that i am of the same state of mind. most of the time, i use a knife/razor that i only use for cutting. however, even then, i tend to break out my lighter, light up a candle, and steralize the sharp object that way... however, if you don't want to burn yourself, you should be carefull, as well, it can/does damage the metal of the blade...=/ but what about glass? a broken coke bottle?

heh, even though i just went on about ways you can cut yourself, if you live in such a sechluded comunity, perhaps it would be a good excuse to stop?

i think its awesome that you think about safety. I know people that cut and im pretty sure that safety is the last thing that goes through thier minds when they are doing it. its weird that everybody around you knows about you doing it...yet you still don't stop. Doesn't it make them mad? i know it makes my friends so mad when i do it. As for all the saftey stuff, if i were you i'd just get new cleaning things...i mean people always need disinfectants and bandaids and stuff like that. Once you get the stuff you need then you could just clean off a knife and hide that under your bed or somewhere where no one can find it. Good luck....

I am the exact same way. I always sterilize my blades before putting them to use. Then I clean the wound and apply the right bandages. Everyone always says how stupid that is because I should be able to quite if I'm so concerned. I can't help the fact that I have issues about germs and disease. My best idea is to buy what you need while purchasing other things. You don't need to answer to them. Scissors, kinves, or even a tack can work for now until other items are available. Buy some of that gel soap stuff that doesn't need water, I find that to be a good wound cleaning device. Use matches from a gas station to sterelize the tool and use toliet paper or clean socks afterward. Hope this helps. I know that stopping is hard and I'm not trying to urge you to cut, but if you are going to please continue to take the precautions you have been taking. Cheers!