i've said it before and ill say it again, syber love is often the most beautiful form of love simply because often times they fall in love sight unseen, meaning they love each other for who they are, sure it is risky you should be careful but alot of people think that everyone who dates online is a crazed serial killer, there are far more normal people than there are weirdos out there just be very careful, im glad your friend found someone for him, take care

-stitches aka The Antihero

I am right there with Dpressed! And yes, I have been in a romantic online relationship for a while. Not four years, but a while. We have had the oportunity to meet in person, and so far things have been wonderful!!!!! I think the big reason that people think it can't work is because it's a movie plot, and we all know that the movies aren't real. But guess what, successful online relationships are happening all over the place.

Yes. There's me and my lover. We haven't met each other yet but we love each other. I dont really care what others may think about it, we are both adults and..you know how they say when you find love you definitely know its love? well I know.

(i was replying to Maimai)

Met my guy online and things are going swimmingly. (Get it... swimmingly... mermaid...? meh...)

In our case, we cultivated a friendship first (via the phone, internet and real-life time spent together) before it became romantic almost a year and a half later.

LMAO! You're so funny! And there's another thing we have in common! I say "meh" all the time! LOL!

You do?! My boyfriend and my mom are always like, "What the hell does 'meh' mean??" They think I'm alone in my meh-ing!

*hugs her long-lost (and nine years younger) twin*

I think meeting potential partners online is a great idea and I know it's worked for a lot of people. However, I think it's unrealistic to consider yourself 'in love' with someone you've never met in person. Nothing beats a good old-fashioned face-to-face date!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've known several people who instantly fell "in love" with people they meet online but have never met in person (one girl who does it repeatedly); not only do I believe that to be implausible, but unsafe--both emotionally and physically.

So meet (in a safe place) first, cultivate a relationship as friends, and then see where it goes.

And PA, you know what they'd probably say to that? "Meh."