Done with dating!! No really I am lol

VtecQueen

Maybe its not in the cards for me right now to be in a relationship. I've tried it ALL online dating, meeting guys while I'm out, approaching guys, waiting for them to approach me, read books on dating, been the b****, been the nice girl, been myself. All that leads to NOTHING I go out on dates with no call back, have guys hit me all the time cuz they just wanna get some, the ones that hit you up all the time but disapears after time. Its crazy!

I've been on A LOT of dates and still nothing. I'm cool, own place, good job, nice car, no kids, educated, smart, "great personality" but I'm still alone. Maybe I'm seeming desperate even when I try not to. I totally suck at dating. Haven't been in a relationship in 3 years. In that time I've learned SO much. How a man can play you, how you can play yourself. Been through it allll

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I want a relationship. I want that guy that loves to talk to me, be around me, call me, will do anything just to talk to me. He's not here yet. All the guys in my phone don't hit me up, we may have gone on a date but that's it or I may not have even met him yet in person but he's not making any actions to show he wants to see me. Its a downwards sprial and I'm so done with it! I hate it.

What am I doing wrong??

Dating seems a lot, as in infinitely, easier for a man than a woman. If all a man wants is sex, he can 'play' a woman to get it. If he wants a committed a relationship, he shouldn't have much trouble finding that, either, as long as he's looking for women out of college. Looks like you're seeing that firsthand.

I think that a lot of people have bad luck dating and try and find explanations for it, like they "look desperate," and this leads to inadvisable behavioral changes. I mean, if a guy is looking for a relationship, and a woman shows a lot of interest in him, he'll not be turned off. Sure, he'll be turned off if he just wants to date casually or hookup. It sounds like you just haven't found a guy who's interested in having a relationship with you. At 24, they should be starting to get their acts together, so maybe your fortunes will reverse in the near future.

You know, I try to go older 26+ thinking they may be in relationship mode and not party wanna hook up mode but there hasn't been any luck with that either. Thanks for taking the time to read my issue lol. Ur right tho, I just haven't found a guy that's interested in a relationship with me....and that SUCKS!! I'm trying here!

Vtecqueen

I'm basically the guy version of you! I've done more or less the same and got no where. Well that's a lie I have learned I have dated etc etc through all different channels and nothing so far has worked. I am wondering what type of guy are you targeting? I do not get many girls approaching me or asking me out and I am this type of guy, quite laid back, non-sleazy commited type who wants a RL with a nice women. I'm mid 30s bty what age-range are you?

BB

You know, I try to go older 26+ thinking they may be in relationship mode and not party wanna hook up mode but there hasn't been any luck with that either. Thanks for taking the time to read my issue lol. Ur right tho, I just haven't found a guy that's interested in a relationship with me....and that SUCKS!! I'm trying here!

Yeah, if they're all in party/hookup mode, then there's nothing you can do differently except consider your target demographic. If these guys are seemingly normal, well-educated, nice, etc, upon first glance, then there's REALLY nothing you can do differently.

Just wondering vtecQueen do you like a guy to chase you? It can make a lot of guys think you are not interested if you pull back i.e. to see if he chases you. I know it is kind of old-fashioned and I know a lot of gals still like it but a lot of guys read it as not-interested?

Just a thought i'm not saying you are like that or judging or anything like that.

BB

At least you get dates, but you're a girl. It takes no effort on you guys part. "I want that guy that loves to talk to me, be around me, call me, will do anything just to talk to me." That part sounds a little,.... clingy. I've gotten rid of a girl for that. Guys have lives too school, and hobbies. The type of guy you girls want doesn't come at your beck and call. My advice get a hobby that you actually like and might share w/ a guy. That will give a guy a reason to be around you more. Judging by your screenname, you like Hondas,...join a car-club there will be no shortage of guys there.

Archived