My boyfriend is still talking with his ex.

hippychick11

I just found out that my boyfriend is still talking to his ex who he cheated on me with early last year, I thought their relationship was over all together because I hadn't heard anything about it really since that time.

I don't know if it's on a friendly basis now, it could be...but I find it so hard to bring myself to even talk to him and be all lovey dovey when I know that he's quite content speaking to this woman who he knows i really dislike and that it really upsets me. He's aware it does, we've had this discussion many times.

It's also quite scary because recently I foolishly made a lot of changes to my life and I was planning on moving to be with my boyfriend later this year. Why do I have to do all the work and think about the future of our relationship when he just gets to not worry about things and go off with his ex, not even care about my feelings at all??

It's so fustrating

Sorry I needed to vent, I think I'm going to give myself some space from him and think about if this is what I really want. I don't want to always be worried he's cheating on me again. It's a horrible way to live.

it's your choice to put up with this, if it mattered enough to you then surely you'd put your foot down and tell him that you think it is unacceptable. If you told him how it makes you feel and he continues to do this, you know that this is not a relationship he's 100% committed to. You know this in your heart.

Don't let him walk all over you. Stand up for yourself and tell him this really is not on and you want/need him to cut contact. Be prepared to walk away in case he says no.

Yeah normally I'd say it might not be that big of a deal, and may look worse than it actually is, but the fact that he cheated on you with her last year is an enormous red flag. This needs to be addressed and he's not considerate of your feelings. It sounds as if you're invested in the relationship and he's not. May be time to ship him out.

Archived