awkwardness at church

There is this girl at my church who I have noticed has been staring at me alot lately. I thought that there might be a connection going on, so I went ahead and asked her out. Her reply was " I would but I am currently have a boyfriend right now" so a couple of weeks later I learned that she had dumped her boyfriend for unknown reasons. The next time that I saw her in church she was clearly avoiding me and keeping her distance. I now feel this awkwardness whenever I am at church when she is around. Should I ask her out again? It was hard enough for me to even ask her out the first time. Is she playing hard to get? Or is she just not interested?

Perhaps she was starting at something or someone else. Or maybe she was just dazing off. I know how going to church feels awkward sometimes too. Sometimes people don't want to give off the wrong impression. It's especially more awkward when the pews are directly accross, face-to-face from each other. I find that it's awkward. When I do go to church, I'm usually not staring at anyone. Just minding my own business. Maybe she's the same way, and her staring off in the distance was misinterpreted. I'm sure that she doesn't mean to give off the wrong impression. And to answer the last part of your question, I don't think that she's trying to play hard to get. She's probably shy, but even then, I don't think that she's playing hard to get. Hope this helps.-Mahlina