Why has my (long-ago) ex re-entered my thoughts?

Girlindigo

I dated a woman ten years ago for just over a year. We got into some bad patterns and criticising and attacking and eventally broke up. I have only ever fallen in love twice - the first time with my first partner, who I am still good friends with, and the second time with this woman.

I have dated people since and had a relationship with someone else since. While at work about a month ago I was building our work Facebook page and looking for similar organisations to connect with. I saw her photo on a universities green page and then looked at her profile. She had hardly changed and I was still very attracted to her. I sent her a note saying hi and she replied and asked how I was. I answered but have not heard back.

This past week I have found myself thinking about her a lot and can't understand why after such a long time. I feel like I would like to talk to her but the fact that she did not reply to my second email seems to indicate that she doesn't want contact.

What do you think? Thanks in advance.

Relationships and how things could have been always play better in our mind then they do/would in actuality. I'm not sure your age group or the womens age group but I know a lot of times some people don't look at facebook as a reply asap type of service. In general some people rarely check or are active with their FB account. Don't take it to heart.

yeah soul soother has a good point. its weird how things work. this happens with so many people. after so many years of not talking and forgetting they even existed. after you talk to them it brings out old feelings. there was a spark once and there can be that spark agian. the only thing i can think of is she might be married or in a relationship

Archived