7 months later, and i still can't get out of bed

It's been 7 months since the breakup and i'm still hurting. Now that schools over i have more time to think and less work to keep me busy to it's been horrible. I don't feel like going into details right now but my main concern is my sleeping patterns. Ever since the breakup I've been sleeping a lot more than usual. I find myself not wanting to get out of bed even if im not tired, and the only reason i'll get up is if i have to do something. i'll sleep for 10-12 hours a night if i can. I don't think i'm depressed, i'm pretty happy when i'm around people and when i'm busy, but as soon as i'm alone i suddenly think of the ex again and get sad.

What am i supposed to do? Isn't it supposed to get better

Actually, sleeping a lot and not wanting to get out of bed IS a sign of depression. I know, because I went through the same thing while my boyfriend and I were broke up. I slept as much as possible, and if I didn't have to work or do anything, I stayed in bed. In hindsight, I see that I was severely depressed, even though I was cheerful when I was around other people.

If you can, you may want to see a doctor about this. I wish you the best of luck.

To answer your question, it does get better. It's been nearly a year since I've started looking at things differently. Have you tried to make new friends or try doing new things? Those are things that really helped me get over a lot of things.

To answer your question, it does get better. It's been nearly a year since I've started looking at things differently. Have you tried to make new friends or try doing new things? Those are things that really helped me get over a lot of things.

I've tried so hard. I always try making plans with friends to keep myself busy and while i'm out and distracted i feel great. I feel like i'm moving forward and finally moving on.. but then as soon as I'm alone i think of him again...and i have random phases where it's worse than others. Currently i'm in one of those bad phases

Archived