Arguing All the Time...

Well theres really no other way of putting this.. but here it goes.. Everytime I turn around me and my boyfriend are arguing.. It seems like we can't even have a decent conversation without arguing about something. I know this is putting a strain on our relationship, but its like we are both people who have to be right all the time. I know it has a lot to do with pride, and when it comes to having pride, I hate myself because I know I have way too much.. I try not to argue with him and just let stuff go, but thats so much easier said than done. Everything I say he takes so personally, like when I was trying to tell him that I don't like telling other people my problems, he took it as me not wanting him to know.. and thats not how I meant it at all...Its just hard to not have someone you tell everything to for so long, and then him expect me to tell him my whole life just like that. I just want things to get better, I'm tired of arguing with him everytime I talk to him.. Please help me out!..

Thanks

~Jenn

the first thing in having a relationship with someone is comunication and i sounds like you guys lack that alot if this relationship is important to you then maybe try counseling if you guys cant talk to eachother than why are you together you are supposed to be a team right so find out from yourself why is it that your doing this so much you say pride there is no pride in love except that you are in love so throw that pride out the window girl but remember this it takes two to make it work so it cant be just you trying to change it he has to be in it to

• 2 months later...

So what do you do if the suggestion of counseling is only going to make him mad? I am sorta in the same shoes with my husband. Fighting is a common thing, however, it always comes down to me admiting I'm wrong and throwing my pride out the window.....and he wins. On top of it, according to him I start ALL the fights. Even when I'm intentially avoiding them.