5 months on and I don't know what I feel. Should I walk away?

f1r3f1y3

I have been dating this girl for a few months (I'm 29, she's 30). Personality wise she is perfect for me, she's studying for a degree, hard working, smart and gorgeous.

She lives 2.5 hours drive away, we see each other most weekends.

I can't figure out what I feel. I am recently divorced and I can't figure out if I didn't heal long enough. I don't feel anything for my ex, we are on great terms and it's clear we were not right for one another. So what IS my problem. I just don't feel deep love for this girl. I should though, we are brilliant together. I want to. We could have a really great future.

We have argued a lot recently and I can see now it's because of the little things she's missing from me. She doesn't feel like she is my number 1 priority and I understand what she means.

We had a huge argument and I said I wanted a break cause we were just arguing all the time.

I always thought all our problems were because we didn't see each other often. When we are together it's great. Would my feelings grow if we were together more? I just don't if they would and we have no option to be for at least 12 months.

I don't want to muck her around and cause her any more pain than I already have but I don't want to look back in 6 months and regret ending what could be a great, long lasting relationship for us both.

I asked her for some time and she said she couldn't give it to me. She said if I don't come on Friday she will walk away. She is tired and hurting and I am guilty of causing that because I don't know what I feel.

I would really appreciate any advice of any kind as right now I am hurting her and myself.

hey there,

Im going through a break up myself, 15 days in and i can tell you that it feels like the world has ended.

Why is this relevant ? i believe if ive understood your post that i was in your girlfriends shoes, it hurts being on the end of something given a little half heartedly and makes you weak, you lose your self worth and break down to nothing. It sounds to me like she is rightly trying to avoid this.

You sound like a decent guy hence being here asking, if you really want to do what is best then let her go, you may regret it in 6 months who knows but what if you dont and things continue to go badly, it will end up badly with ill feeling perhaps and on your side of the coin having been divorced you may never recover, it does sound a little like a rebound relationship which may be hard for you to accept, i guess only you really know the truth.

Do the right thing my friend, you and only you know what that is.

Good luck

Archived