anxiety and stress issues when in public

I dont know but I feel like I'm always watched, ppl talking approaching me....I can't handle this anxiety. even when I drive I feel this. I was buying food from walmart and I just felt relieved when I got home....

no matter how much advice I get or tell myself this is not logical, my anxiety just takes over. I don't get panic attacks with hyper ventilation...but this is a real anxiety and its stressful being in public.

i had this for a few years in my teens... worried about how people saw me or judging me. It was because of my low self esteem... the only way it went away was by talking to a counselor and forcing myself not to care and believe im no different from anyone else. YOu must write it down and tell yourself everyday its all in your head nobody cares! you are just some other person on this planet and they care about their own lives too much to focus on you.

i had this for a few years in my teens... worried about how people saw me or judging me. It was because of my low self esteem... the only way it went away was by talking to a counselor and forcing myself not to care and believe im no different from anyone else. YOu must write it down and tell yourself everyday its all in your head nobody cares! you are just some other person on this planet and they care about their own lives too much to focus on you.

Good approach, but not good enough. I too had this whenever I was in an area that I didn't feel comfortable being in. E.g. neighboring suburb, other school than mine...etc, basically anywhere I didn't know local people. But I kinda skipped the ''I'm no different from anyone else'' approach and I went right to ''I'm awesome and everyone around me sucks''. Not only I destroyed all the anxiety I had, I now feel how sometimes others are ''scared, afraid, unsure'' acting around me. But I guess it came hand in hand with effort I put into improving my self-confidence in the first place.

Archived