Friends w/benefits, friend flustered????

I need some opinions on what a friend of mine meant by what he said. Ok, me and my friend have a FWB relationship just about all of our other friends don't know about us. Anyway, today one of our friends was talking to him and made a comment about fixing me up with a guy. Well, my fwb started to get kinda of flustered, and started rambling on about the subject, kinda of joking about it and telling our friend that "yeah, she needs a good guy with no strings attatched". The reason I know this was because our friend was telling me about it and was kinda hinting around with me and I guess trying to see how I would respond to this. So my questions are is why would my fwb start rambling and get flustered when the subject of fixing me up? What about the comment about no strings attached? My guess is maybe he really likes me and he would like our "relationship" be something more. Any help from guys or anyone really!!! Thanks

I don't know if I understood everything correctly but I'll give you my opinion.

He wasn't talking about you and someone else, he was talking about himself "She needs a guy that doesn't compromise" for example.

It seems like he believes what you want/need/deserve is only a guy that wants to have "benefits" but not a real relationship.

Now, if you love this "FWB" I think you're in trouble, guys that ask for such kind of relationships just want that "benefits", they are not going to ask you to be their girlfriend and won't ask you if you're happy or if you want more from the relationship simply because there is no relationship and they are not interested in having one.

Girl, you have to see that you're a great person, if friends are trying to fix you up with a guy is because they know how much you are worth, why would you believe you're only good for a FWB thing?, this guy thinks he can have anything he wants from you jsut when he feels like it, well, that's not true, you deserve better, find a guy that respects you and values you, forget this guy who only enjoys the "benefits" that you give.