Sometimes it seems like he doesn't really like me...

I met this guy through a friend at the beginning of last year. We started talking online and I really opened up to him because I didn't care what he thought of me. We became really close friends and started talking a lot more often: over the phone and in person; not only online. His girlfriend of a year had broken up with him a few months before I met him, and for a while he was really distraught about it, but gradually he started saying that he was getting over her. We went out one night and I ended up telling him I had feelings for him, and he said he did as well but he was still confused/sad because of the girl he had been into for such a long time. A little while later we went out again and ended up kissing for a while, but he said that he didn't think it would be fair to go out with someone because he wouldn't like them as much as he had liked his ex. It's been about two months since then and we just started going out a few days ago, and he told me that what he said about it not being fair to go out with someone was a long time ago. The problem is: a couple of times recently he's told me he would call me and then forgets. For most of the times he's had a pretty good reason-(i.e. family b-day party)-but I'm still worried. Do you think that if a guy forgets to call, or "gets home too late" it means he isn't really into you? Another problem is that he's going to college in less than three weeks(I'm a little younger than him)-and he said we could try to stay together but he doesn't know if it will work out...I'm afraid I'm getting too emotionally attached to him and I'm not sure it's worth it. What do you think about the forgetting to call, going to college, whole situation? I'd really appreciate some input! Thank you so much!

He sounds a bit like my current boyfriend -forgetting to call etc etc.

Although I can say this to you, I'd completely refuse to listen to this advice if it was given to me.

Finish it. Seriously, he doesn't seem into you, and if you hang around much longer, as you say he'll be gone to college and it will be harder to get over him if things don't work out.

Hope I helped, and please listen to this advice! I should have listened years ago....

Lottie

xxx

Thanks so much for the advice...I think it's okay though, he's been calling me like every day now whenever he's said he would...so I think he was just really really busy the couple of times that it happened. Also I let him know that it made me kindof upset when he didn't call and he promised he wouldn't do that again, so...I think it's ok! Anyway...thanks so much again for the input